Calling All heroes!
Miramichi is in peril and we are calling out for assistance! Are you an individual or business in the digital media industry? If so, we have a job for you!
With your creative ideas, our trained workforce and financial incentives available to technology firms, we can strengthen and diversify the Miramichi community!
If you think you have what it takes to be Miramichi’s next hero, then contact the City of Miramichi’s Department of Economic Development to learn more! >> CONTACT US <<
- Province of New Brunswick’s newly established Digital Media Development Program offers up to 30% salary rebate ($15,000.00 maximum) per full-time employee.
- The New Brunswick Multimedia Initiative provides funding of 25-30% for eligible expenditures incurred in the Province of New Brunswick.
- The Miramichi Regional Economic Development and Innovation Fund is a $50 million dollar fund established by the Province of New Brunswick to encourage expansion and growth in the Miramichi region.
- The Frank McKenna Technology Fund is a $1 million fund that can make equity investments into technology firms residing in the Miramichi region.
- In a recent survey, NBCC Miramichi – Applied Arts program was ranked second in the country as the best place to study animation.
- Miramichi is host to the only Animation and Gaming industry event in Atlantic Canada – the Jalloo Festival of Animation and Gaming
Heroes? we got 'em.
- Brian McGee is a developer and teacher, and organizer of the Jalloo Festival that showcases his students' work and our innovative college and community More …
- Brian Lamey is a recent graduate from NBCC Miramichi. This year he won the annual Long Island University's animation competition. . More …
- Gene Fowler is a creative Hotdog, and founder of Loogaroo. He is the driving force behind games, apps, commercials, shorts and televison shows. More …